Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pancakes from Scratch

I wanted to try something new for a Saturday morning breakfast. I was out of Bisquick, so I decided to make pancakes from scratch.  I found this recipe on All Recipes. They were De-Lish!  I loved the way they almost crisped up on the outside, but remained wonderfully fluffy inside.  I'll never do Bisquick pancakes again.  They were oh-so simple, but oh-so good!



1 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 t. sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 T butter, melted

Sift together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix milk, egg, and melted butter. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add the wet stuff. Mix until smooth.

Heat oil in a skillet. Use about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.

We freeze the extra ones.  Then, you can take them out and stick them in the toaster for a quick (Eggo-like) breakfast.

0 comments: