Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tip of the day

I first became infatuated with this idea when I saw the cute little pre-packaged containers of grapes and cheese in the Whole Foods produce section.  Then I looked at the price tag and decided this was a d-i-y project that I could tackle.  This is my favorite snack that I eat every day!!  I never get tired of the combination of grapes and cheese.





Usually one bunch will last a week. So I buy a bunch on the weekend (or two if I'm packing for two weeks)--along with my cheese--and pre-package my snacks for the whole week in zip loc baggies.  I like to mix my cheeses also. A few cubes of cheddar, a few of swiss, and a few of mozerella taste great with the grapes. I prefer purple grapes becuase they're usually sweeter...but the combination with a tart green grape is tasty sometimes too. Don't forget to wash your grapes. I use a spray that removes the wax build-up, and makes the grapes taste even better! (I prefer "Veggie Wash" brand.  "Fit" is good too.  Both of these are available at Wal-Mart or your grocery store.)


I take a baggie each day and keep it in my fridge at school, eating a few for breakfast and snacking on the rest throughout the day.  It's perfect!

0 comments: