Monday, November 9, 2009

Attention: Product Reviews!

Does your produce spoil in your fridge before you can use it all?  I hate throwing away good vegetables and herbs, but I can never seem to use it all before it starts to go bad.  Here are three products that I have bought and love!!

1. Herb Saver ($29.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond)--this little guy is AH-MAZING! I love cooking with fresh herbs, but hate the way they go bad in practically a day or two.  I've tried different "green bags" that are supposed to work with no luck.  This little contraption easily fits in your fridge door.  You fill the bottom with water and stick your herbs in the plastic part.  I think I'm going to buy a second one so I can always have parsley and cilantro on hand--two herbs that I use a lot when cooking!



2. Progressive Lettuce Keeper ($14.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond)--This is a neat storage container.  It comes with a chart that tells you how to store each type of produce.  For some, you put water in the bottom part.  Also, for some you open the vent and for others you close the vent.  It even has a divider so that you can store two different things at once!  I'm currently storing tomatoes and celery.



3. Rubbermaid Produce Savers ($13.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond)--This comes in a pack of 4 containers.  There is a tray in the bottom of each container to keep moisture from gathering at the bottom and promoting mold growth.  The lid is also vented.

0 comments: