Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Spaghetti Squash: Officially the Weirdest Food Ever!

No recipe this time...just the strange tale of a yellow gourd turned pasta...

My mom gave me this spaghetti squash and I knew I needed to just bite the bullet and cook it, even though I had no clue how to turn this large gourd into a tasty pasta...



First of all, it took me a LONG time to even cut it in half.  But, I was persistant...



Gross looking, I know...  According to Google (seriously, what did we do before Google?!), you have to scoop out the seeds...just like a pumpkin.



Done.  Now place the squash, cut side down, on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam. Bake for about 45 minutes on 350.



Here's the weird part.  Once it's finished baking, you just take a fork and lightly shred the sides of the squash....and voila...spaghetti...or something that resembles spaghetti.



Weird, I know...



I decided to keep with the "healthy" theme of the night and make my sauce with ground turkey.  Honestly, by the time I spiced it up, you couldn't tell the difference...in the sauce that is.  The noodles were different.  Not bad.  Just different. 



Okay, I wasn't completely healthy...

 
 
I made yummy Parmesan  garlic bread.  



YUM!

0 comments: